If you have COVID-19 like symptoms please follow NHS guidance which you can find here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. If you need COVID-19 medical advice please contact NHS111 not the practice. NHS 111 is available on line 111.nhs.net. If you do not have internet access you can contact NHS111 by ringing 111.
GP practices in Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon and Masham, and throughout Harrogate District, have begun working differently together as we response to the current situation to ensure we are able to provide the best possible GP practice care across our community.
We are sharing staffing and resources to help protect the NHS and have put a new process in place to help us do this. If you need non-COVID-19 general practice health care call the usual practice number. You will be asked some questions to make sure we can connect you with the best person for you needs. You will receive a call back from a GP or nurse to discuss your healthcare. We will continue to do most consultations over the phone or by video conference. If you do need to see a medical professional face to face it may not be your usual GP or nurse and you may not be seen at your usual practice. This is to minimise exposure to COVID-19 of both our staff and our patients.
Thank you very much for working with us as we work together to ensure that you get the health care you need
Update from the practice - 9th April
We wanted to give you an update on how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that all of our registered patients continue to receive necessary patient care.
As you will appreciate your GP practice is working hard to ensure that safe processes are maintained for patient treatment and staff welfare in these exceptional times. Consequently Practices across the Harrogate and Rural District are working together to share sites and clinical appointments.
To help us respond effectively to the current situation, and continue to provide the services you need, we are working with other GP practices across the local area to put new temporary arrangements in place, which are outlined below
1. If you need non-COVID-19 primary care health services call the usual practice number.
2. We will ask you some questions to make sure we can connect you with the best person for your needs.
3. You will receive a call back from a GP or nurse to discuss your healthcare. We will continue to do most consultations over the phone or by video conference.
4. If you do need to see a medical professional face to face it may not be your usual GP or nurse and you may not be seen at your usual practice. We are pooling our resources with other practices in order to protect the NHS, ensuring patient and staff safety by building support across local GP practices should staff become ill or need to self-isolate.
5. If you do attend for a face to face consultation staff may be wearing personal protective equipment including face masks, aprons and glove. This is for everyone’s protection and to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
6. We will ask that you observe the two metre rule from anyone in the practice as advised by government. COVID-19: If your symptoms are COVID-19 like please visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for advice, or use 111.nhs.net or NHS111 if you need medical support. Do not come to the GP practice.
Please be assured that we are all working hard to keep you safe and secure and minimise the travelling to Practices to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus.
Thank you for working with us and for your support and understanding.